Why Am I Here? – Discussion Guide
Essential Truths, Session 10 – Why Am I Here? – Discussion Guide: I Am Here to Be One and Make One.
Why Am I Here? We are all here to become and to make disciples of Jesus, to Be One and to Make One.
After completing Session 10, Why Am I Here?, you can use the following questions to encourage discussion within your group.
What do most people live for? What makes life worth living?
1. Be One
- Why must following Jesus be our top priority in life?
- What does it mean to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind”? (Matthew 22:37)
- How is it possible to love God in this way?
- What difference does it make to you to know that absolutely nothing “…will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:39)?
- Read John 13:34-35. Why does Jesus insist that His disciples are truly known by whether or not they love one another? (Hint: See 1 John 4:11-12)
- In our relationships with one another, how can we “…have the same mindset as Christ Jesus…> (Philippians 2:5)
2. Make One
- What is so “great” about the “Great Commission”? (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Read Matthew 5:13-16. How are disciples like salt and light?
- What it makes it possible for us to share this story within a hostile world?
- Must we make disciples in order to be disciples? Is “making disciples” part of what it means to “be a disciple”? Why or why not?
What concrete steps will you take in the next few days to Be One and to Make One?