Essential Disciplines – Introduction – Discussion Guide
Essential Disciplines – Session 1 – Introduction – Discussion Guide
- The term, “discipline,” can sometimes have a negative connotation in our culture. What are the positive things that discipline can do for us?
- Read 1 Corinthians 9:24-27. Why does the Apostle Paul “strike a blow” to his body? what does this figure of speech mean to convey?
- Read Romans 8:12-13. How can we “live according to the Spirit”? Does discipline play a role in this process?
- Of the four Spiritual Disciplines listed — Bible Reading, Prayer, Stewardship & Giving, and Sharing Your Faith — which has been most beneficial to you in your growth as a disciple?
- Which of these disciplines have been the most challenging for you. Why have they been so challenging?
- How can we help one another to grow in these Spiritual Disciplines?
- Review Bible Reading Part 1, and come next week ready to participate in our group discussion.
- Extend your prayer time this week by at least 5 minutes, asking God to help you grow in these Spiritual Disciplines.