Stewardship & Giving – Part 2 – Discussion Guide
Essential Disciplines – Session 7 – Stewardship & Giving – Part 2 – Discussion Guide
What was your experience growing up when it comes to giving to church or to those in need?
1 What should we give?
- Why should we view our time, talent and treasure as God’s resources, given to us to manage well?
- Read Matthew 6:19-21. What does Jesus mean when He says that “…where your treasure is, there your heart will be also…”?
2 How much should we give?
- How should we regard the 10%, tithing rule that emerges from the Old Testament?
- Can we give “too much”, in some cases?
- Read Luke 21:1-4. What lesson should we learn from this woman and her practice of giving?
- How much should we give if we are struggling with personal debt?
3 How often should we give?
- Why is it important to give on a regular basis?
- Why is it important to give in times of blessing?
- Why is it important to give in times of need?
4 To whom should we give?
- Why should we start by giving to our local church?
- What should we know about an organization before we decide to invest God’s resources with them?
5 How should we feel about giving?
- Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-8. Why does God love a “cheerful giver”?
- How have you done with the decision you made after our last session, to improve your level of stewardship?
- Continue down this path of improvement and share your journey with someone you trust.